Attention to all do-it-yourself handyman fathers or even singles out there. The Bosch cordless drill is currently on sale on Amazon. They are offering a Bosch holiday promotion right now until the end of the year. Now is the best time to grab one of these cool cordless drill tools for your arsenal and DIY projects.
I guess to be gender neutral, let’s include the DIY women out there.
Bosch cordless drill
The Bosch cordless drill line-up comes with various kinds.
- There is the Bosch cordless drill / driver
- The other one is the Bosch impact drill / driver
In terms of batteries you can get:
- either a 12-volt
- or an 18-volt lithium ion batteries
Personally, I would suggest getting a combo kit. That would include both the cordless drill driver and the impact driver. Yes I understand it’s a bit more expensive than just getting one. However, as I already mentioned Amazon is offering a Bosch holiday promotion.
Bosch holiday promotion (Amazon)
Amazon is currently offering a savings of $30 off for purchases of selected Bosch products when you spend $149. Or if you’re currently in the market of getting a complete tool set, if you spend $699 you get $149 off.
All that said, now is the best time to get your Bosch tools.
New cordless drill
Having a cordless drill truly is very handy. It makes the job way lot easier and faster. Also, did I mention that these drills / drivers are also compact and lightweight. It’s less strain on your hands, wrist and arm.
Now is the best time to get yourself a new cordless drill / driver if you still don’t have one.
Update your old tools
If you are one of those do have one of these cordless drills, this is still for you. I’m sure you already know how handy these power hand tools are. If you have an old aging drills / driver, then grab this opportunity to get a new one and update your tool set.
Bosch 18-volt 2-tool combo kit
In my opinion, the Bosch 18-volt 2-tool combo kit is the one that I would recommend you to purchase. This the same one I have a link to Amazon above.
It comes with the following:
- Battery: 2 pcs Lithium-Ion Battery Voltage: 18
- Includes: DDB181 1/2″ Compact Drill Driver, IDS181 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver, (2) 1.5 Ah Slimpack Batteries, Charger, Carrying Bag, 2 Screw Driving Bit
- DDB181 Produces 1,300 RPM for fast drilling, DDB181 20+1 clutch settings and a variable-speed trigger
- DDB181 1/2-Inch Drill Driver:
- Most Compact 18-Volt Drill/Driver for optimal handling in tight spaces
- DDB181 1/2-Inch Drill Driver: Lightest weight 18-Volt Drill Driver for less fatigue during daily usage
- DDB181 1/2-Inch Drill Driver: High Torque and Speed with 350 inch-lbs of torque for powerful fastening and 1300 RPM for fast drilling
- IDS181 – Produces 3,100 BPM to handle masonry work.
- IDS181 – 1,150 In.-Lbs. of optimized torque
- IDS181 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver: Most compact Impactor design delivers lightweight, better balance and increased control
- IDS181 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver: Optimized impact performance provides the best run time and torque control
Manufacturer product description
The Bosch CLPK26-181 18-Volt Two-Tool Cordless Combo Kit offers two corresponding cordless tools to get up to speed fast.
- The Bosch DDB181 1/2 Inch Compact Drill/Driver
- and the IDS181 1/4 Inch Hex Impact Driver
The DDB181 is a powerful cordless drill designed to provide users with a power-laden 350 in.-lbs. of optimized torque plus a motor brake for precision. With speedy, 1,300 RPM drilling, this light 3.0 lbs. tool is ideal for overhead tasks.
The IDS181 1/4 In. Hex Impact Driver has a head-length of just 5.4 In., and it weighs just 2.9 Lbs., yet this tough driver provides 1,150 In.-Lbs. of optimized torque. Bosch’s hammer and anvil system provides 3,100 BPM to handle the toughest material. With precision control to minimize cramming out of screws, this driver has a motor brake for serial screw driving and a spring-loaded impact mechanism to lessen fatigue.
This kit comes with two 18V SlimPack batteries and a charger for a complete cordless set-up.
In all honesty, I myself purchased a Bosch cordless drill/driver over a couple of years ago. And YES it was also during a time when Amazon was offering a promotional savings for Bosch hand power tools. That’s why I highly encourage you to grab this awesome deal before it ends.
Below is my own Bosch cordless drill set.
A very satisfied customer
From my personal experience I am a very happy and satisfied customer. For one Bosch is a well-known and trusted brand. Secondly, the quality of the power tool is really really good. It has never let me down. The one I purchased also came with two batteries, which is a very welcome benefit. Although I only have the compact drill/driver and did not get the impact driver at that time.
My only regret
My only regret is that I did not get the impact driver at the same time when I bought my cordless drill. I only purchased the cordless drill set. I did not get the combo kit at that time. Now as I’m looking for an impact driver, I see the price to get just the impact driver is almost as much as when I got my cordless drill.
In any case, I may still get myself an impact driver nonetheless.
Get the 18-volt battery
I also highly recommend getting the 18-volt battery option. Compared to the 12-volt, obviously with the higher voltage comes higher power.
Didn’t I just sounded like Spiderman back there. Hehehe! With great power comes great responsibility.
The 18-volt battery you will feel that the power is just right. You’ll never feel any lack. That is the same feedback I have read from other power hand tool users. Those who have gotten the 12-volt or anything less often times regret it.
There’re hundreds of potential use for these Bosch compact and cordless drill / impact driver. Below are some examples.
- Wood working – drilling screws into your wood working projects
- Furnitures – if you buy new and you’re assembling new furniture
- Fixing worn-down and wobbly furniture – screwing loose joints of old furniture in order to make it sturdy
- Electronics / Appliances – assembling new appliances (i.e. electric fans, televisions) or fixing those lightly broken ones
- Tinkering with your vehicle – screwing / unscrewing parts of your vehicle
- Tire replacement – very handy to quickly remove and replace tire screws
- Computer / Laptops – if you’re like me that’s computer savvy, this greatly helps in tinkering with my computers/laptops
These are just some examples I can think of right off the bat. However, I’m sure there’s a whole lot more these power hand tools can be used for. Feel free to comment below of any other ways you can think of how these tools can be useful.
Have I convinced you now how very crucial this tool is for you to get one for yourself? This is a matter of life and death! I’m just kidding. Or maybe not. There maybe some emergencies where being able to quickly assemble or disassemble something can save a life. Who knows right?
Other Bosch tools
Finally, the Bosch holiday promotion is not just limited to Bosch cordless drill or impact drill or drivers. There are other Bosch power hand tools that you can get.
Here are other Bosch tools that’s available in Amazon.
- 1375A 4-1/2-inch angle driver
- MS4034 Drill and Drive set (34pcs)
- DSB5010 Daredevil 10-Piece Standard Spade Bit Set
- ROS20VSC Random Orbit Sander with Carrying Bag
- 32 Piece Impact Tough Screwdriving Bit Set
- CCS180B Bare-Tool 18-Volt 6-1/2-Inch Litheon Circular Saw
- 1191VSRK 120-Volt 1/2-Inch Variable Speed Hammer Drill
- JS260 120-Volt Top-Handle Jigsaw
And a whole lot more.
There’s really more power tools that you can grab whatever your need is. So head on now to Amazon and take advantage of the Bosch holiday promotion.
Want free shipping & handling
One last tip that I wanted to suggest. As you may already know Amazon offers a Prime membership, which entitles you to free 2-day shipping. If you’re not a prime member, you will likely end up having to pay for shipping & handling that can cost starting from approximately $5 up to who knows how much depending on how much you’re purchasing.
I suggest subscribing to the Amazon Prime membership. You can do a monthly subscription of $7.99 and you can cancel anytime you want. This is roughly the same amount that you’ll be spending on shipping & handling anyway. Although, without prime membership that’s just regular shipping not even 2-day shipping.
Or you can get the annual subscription for $79, which saves you roughly $19 from a monthly subscription.
You see it’s more advantageous to get the Prime membership rather than not availing it.
Hack tip to get FREE Prime
Now if you have never been an Amazon Prime member before, you can avail of a 30-day free trial and can just cancel before it ends.
Check out my blog here on how best to take advantage of Amazon Prime membership.
Therefore, for those of you who have never subscribed to Amazon Prime, you have a more compelling reason to take advantage of this deal.
There you have it folks. It’s high time for you DIY-ers to either add up to your power tools or update or upgrade your old, worn-out existing ones.
Also, with the Christmas holiday fast approaching, these power hand tools by Bosch are also a good idea for gifting to your friends and families.
Let me know if you have any comments, feedback or questions below.
I hope this has been informative, enlightening and encouraging for you guys! Have a wonderful day!
As an Amazon affiliate, this site contains links to products for which we may receive a commission at no additional cost to the consumer.